The earliest, from the identified and defined by the archaeologists, culture is the culture of the North American Clovis. It appeared approx. 11,500 years ago. They were a small group of hunters, leading a nomadic life (hunting).
The natives of the United States and Canada are usually divided by geographical areas (only list some tribes):
- subarctic areas: Jupikowie, Cree, Innu, Atikamekwowie
- Pacific Northwest: Haidowie, Muckleshoot, Tlingitowie
- Rocky Mountains: Blackfoot, Nez Perce, Crow (Crow), Ute Indians
- California: Mohavovie
- Nevada: Paiute
- south-west: the Apaches, Czemehuevi, Cocopah, Hopi, Navajo people, Pueblo, Yavapai
- Great Plains: Arapahowie, Caddo, Cheyenne, Comanche, Kickapoo, Kiowa, Sioux (Sioux), Pawnee people, Odżibwowie, Saukowie
- East: Delawares, Iroquois, Mohicans
- SE: Czerokezi, Choctaw, Creek Indians, Seminole.